Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited and Rugby Canada
2017 Rugby Sevens Contest (the “Contest”)
Fans, our friends at Ford our giving away a pair of tickets for the HSBC Canada Women’s Sevens to six different lucky fans! Head on over to our official Facebook Page and post a comment to the question “Which Sevens Team are you most excited to see play in Langford?” Limited one entry per person.
Official Contest Rules Below:
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited, Canada national rugby sevens team (the “Canada Sevens team” and Rugby Canada (together, the “Contest Sponsors”). This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 10:00am Pacific Time (PT) on May 10, 2017 and continues until 5:00pm PT on May 22, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of Contest entry (each an “Entrant/Entrants”). Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsors, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, media partners, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they are domiciled) of any of the aforementioned and persons with whom any of the aforementioned are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary.During the Contest Period, the Canada Sevens team will post the question “What is your favorite thing about Rugby?” on the Canada Sevens Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CanadaSevens). To enter, post a comment to the posted question (each an “Entry”). The Entrant must follow the Canada Sevens’ Facebook account to be eligible to win. Limit of one (1) Entry per Entrant.To participate in the Contest, you must have a valid Facebook account that is in good standing. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Facebook account. The terms and conditions for creating and maintaining a Facebook account are at the sole discretion of Facebook, and can be found on the Facebook website. The Contest is open to existing Facebook account holders as well as new account holders.In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the Facebook profile used for a particular Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Facebook profile by Facebook. Potential winners may be required to show valid proof of being authorized account holder of the Facebook profile associated with their potentially winning entry.
- Entry Criteria: An Entry may not contain any content: (i) that is unlawful, hateful, offensive or obscene, (ii) which incites, solicits, promotes, or provides information about illegal or criminal activities, (iii) that abuses, threatens, promotes, or instigates physical harm or death to others, or the Entrant him/herself, (iv) that promotes and/or contains the addresses of other Web sites, (v) that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; (vi) that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of any party, (vii) that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, pyramid schemes, the promotion of particular stocks of shares and other financial products and services, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling, (viii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; (ix) that impersonates any person or entity, including any of the Contest Sponsor’s employees, dealers, or representatives, (x) that solicits personal information from another user, (xi) that, in any other manner, is deemed by the Contest Sponsor to be inappropriate to the well-being of others, (xii) that communicates and/or exchanges a message of any kind, third party phone numbers, mobile numbers, emails or home addresses and any other personal details; (xiii) which is inconsistent with the positive messaging which the Contest Sponsor wishes to communicate; (xiv) disparages any persons or organizations, especially those associated with the Contest Sponsor; or (xv) invades the privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity, all of which is to be evaluated by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (collectively the “Facebook Criteria”).The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and Entry found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Rules; (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Facebook Criteria specified above; or (v) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prize: There are six (6) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of either:A 2 Day General Admission weekend pass OR a 2 Day VIP weekend pass to the World Rugby Women’s Sevens Series taking place in Langford, BC at Westhills Stadium (May 27 & 28, 2017).Approximate retail value of each General Admission prize is $100CAD. Approximate retail value of each VIP Admission prize is $326CAD.The winners will not be entitled to any difference between actual and approximate retail value of the prize.Each winner will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their prize not mentioned above, including, but without limitation, transportation to and from the event, gratuities, personal expenses, meals, entertainment, etc. The Contest Sponsor will not be held to award more prizes than as set out in these Rules. The actual number of prizes awarded will be based on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Determination:Six (6) Entries will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible Entries by Contest Sponsors or on of their agents or representatives on May 22, 2017 at 5:00pm ET in Montreal, Quebec. Contest Sponsors or on of their agents or representatives will contact the selected entrants via Facebook Direct Message originating from the Canada Sevens Facebook account within three (1) business day of the random drawing (“Winner Notification”). The selected entrants must confirm acceptance of the Prize with three (3) hours of receiving the Winner Notification. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) hours of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim his/her prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and forfeits his/her prize, and another entrant may be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of the Contest Sponsors will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected entrant who meets Contests requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Substitution: Any prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Winner Conditions: To be declared the winner, a selected entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by an agent or representative of Contest Sponsors on the Declaration and Release form; and (iii) sign and return a Declaration and Release form within a specified period of time confirming that:
- he/she complies with the eligibility requirements;
- he/she has read the Contest rules and regulations and complies completely;
- he/she accepts the prize as awarded;
- he/she acknowledges the Contest Sponsor’s right to publish his/her picture, name and city of residence without compensation other than the prize offered;
- he/she successfully answers a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; and
- he/she releases and agrees to hold harmless of all liability the Contest Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates, media partners, advertising, promotional agencies and each of the foregoing entities’ directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents.
- Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor take no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that entrant.Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select (a) winner(s) via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
- Privacy: The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants.
- Publicity: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the Contest Sponsor and its respective designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likenesses, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Release and Liability: By entering this Contest, entrants forever release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or prize-related activity.
- Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Social media platforms: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to Contest Sponsors and not to Facebook or any other social media platform. Facebook and all other social media platforms are completely released of any and all liability by each Entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or concerns about the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not Facebook or any social media platform.